The TEW-645UB is, as I have already mentioned, a very large adapter. The majority of the space inside the 6.5 inch tube is antenna. This is where the TEW-645UB stands out over just about every other USB adapter. When you consider the size and strength of the antenna, it is no surprise that TRENDNet is claiming better range.
Unfortunately, while the length of the TEW-645UB helps with range, it actually limits portability.
I attempted to use the TEW-645UB without the stand and found it to be very cumbersome. There was simply no way to use the TEW-645UB while supporting a laptop on your lap or a soft surface. With the TEW-645UB plugged into the back of my 17" ASUS G2S-X1, it would fall or get knocked out of the socket and to restore the connection, in many cases, I would have to reboot. I tried with the adapter in the side USB port with the same results.
If you have the space on a hard surface (like a coffee table) you could use the TEW-645UB plugged directly in, but at that point you might just as well use the stand.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit