Apple is gearing up for a huge event at its WWDC 2022 on June 8, where we are now seeing reports of references to "realityOS" in recent trademark filings.
Apple is still working on its AR headset, which has been plagued by issues in the last few months but ahead of its Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) we are ramping up for a tease of its AR headset on June 8. Vox Media product manager Parker Ortolani tweeted that "It cannot be a coincidence that the "realityOS" trademark owned by a company that seemingly doesn't exist and is specifically for "wearable computer hardware" is being filed around the world on June 8, 2022".
Ortolani shared not one but two filings to the United States Patent and Trademark Office, which he noticed was registered by a company called Realityo Systems LLC... which is probably just a shell company so that no one sniffs to close to Apple and discovers what's going on... until now. It's not the first time Apple has used a shell company for a product release: previous versions of its macOS share the same address as Yosemite Research LLC, the shell company hiding those macOS operating systems.
- Read more: Apple AR headset: production tests done, limited launch in 2022 teased
- Read more: Apple AR headset delayed until 2023, overheating and software issues
- Read more: Apple AR headset teased in new renders, replaces our reality in 2022
- Read more: Apple AR headset could replace the iPhone in the next 10 years
- Read more: Apple to launch a headset for VR in 2022, one for AR in 2023
- Read more: Apple's first AR headset: M1-class chipset, for gaming and media use
We might not see an official announcement, but we should definitely expect a big tease from Apple, especially if we're hearing about the "realityOS" ahead of WWDC 2022. I mean, what else could "reality" "operating system" be if not for an (augmented)reality headset.
- > NEXT STORY: PlayStation Direct to hit $1.5 billion by 2023, may squeeze retailers
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Mystery PlayStation live games: MLB The Show 23 & Last of Us Factions?