Intel has officially confirmed the name of its upcoming Xe-based graphics cards: Intel ARC -- which will compete against the AMD Radeon and NVIDIA GeForce starting in 2022.
Intel ARC will launch next year starting with the DG2 series known as Alchemist, while the successor to Alchemist will be Battlemage... and after that we have Celestial and Druid. We should see the new Intel Xe DG3 GPU being Battlemage, currently in the ovens over at Intel.
The company also teased a picture of its first DG2 GPUs, with what should be the Intel DG2-128EU and Intel DG2-512EU. The bigger one will make its way into the flagship GPU on the desktop, while the smaller one will be baked into next-gen laptops in 2022 and beyond.
- Read more: Intel Xe-HPG DG2 PCB teased: 16GB VRAM, GeForce RTX 3080 performance
- Read more: Intel Arctic Sound Xe-HP 2T GPU teased: 7680 cores, 32GB of HBM2e VRAM
- Read more: Intel teases Xe-HPC GPU: over 100 billion transistors with 47 tiles
- > NEXT STORY: New Cyberpunk 2077 v1.3 patch fixes save corruption issue on consoles
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Roblox could get widespread AI bots and voice chatting soon