We have some new specs for NVIDIA's purported GeForce RTX 3090 to share with you this glorious weekend, with some truly monstrous specs coming from the RTX 3000 series.
The new leak is coming from 'KatCorgi' on Twitter, who is predicting the specs of three of NVIDIA's upcoming Ampere-based graphics cards. The first is the new TITAN RTX that would feature 24GB of GDDR6X at 17Gbps, the flagship GeForce RTX 3090 with 12GB of GDDR6X at 21Gbps (!!!) and the GeForce RTX 3080 with 10GB of GDDR6 at 19Gbps.
NVIDIA, at least according to these rumors, would cram a huge 5248 CUDA cores into the GeForce RTX 3090 -- which is not much of a cut down from the 5376 CUDA cores inside of the new Ampere-based TITAN RTX.
- Traversal coprocessor: We have had more leaks on NVIDIA's next-gen GeForce RTX 3000 series than any family of graphics cards before it, with an interesting "traversal coprocessor" on the new GeForce RTX 3080 and GeForce RTX 3090 graphics cards. You can read more on that here.
- How fast is the GeForce RTX 3090? Freaking fast according to rumors, with 60-90% more performance than the current Turing-based flagship GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. We could see this huge performance leap in ray tracing titles, but we'll have to wait a little while longer to see how much graphical power NVIDIA crams into these new cards. You can read more on those rumors here.
- Power hungry: As for power consumption, GA102 reportedly uses 230W -- while 24GB of GDDR6X (which we should see on the new Ampere-based TITAN RTX) consumes 60W of power. You can read more on that here.
- Production begins soon: NVIDIA is reportedly in the DVT (or Design Validation Test) range of its new GeForce RTX 3000 series graphics cards. Mass production reportedly kicks off in August 2020, with a media event, benchmarks, and more in September 2020 as I predicted many months ago. More on that here.
Even more reading:
- GeForce RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 rumored to pack 'traversal coprocessor'
- NVIDIA's next-gen GeForce RTX 3080, RTX 3090 to enter production soon
- GeForce RTX 3090: GA102 consumes 230W, 24GB GDDR6 consumes 60W power
- NVIDIA rumored to use HUGE cooling block on GeForce RTX 3080
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 cooler: rumored to cost $150 on its own
- GeForce RTX 3090 rumor: 24GB GDDR6X, would annihilate RTX 2080 Ti
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 rumors: up to 60-90% faster than RTX 2080 Ti
- Check out these awesome renders of NVIDIA's next-gen GeForce RTX 3080
- This could be our first picture of the GeForce RTX 3080 graphics card
- AMD and NVIDIA to both launch next-gen GPUs in September 2020
- NVIDIA reportedly drops Tesla brand, too close to Elon Musk's Tesla
- NVIDIA amps up fight against COVID-19 with Ampere-based supercomputer
- NVIDIA DGX A100: 8 x A100 Ampere GPUs, AMD CPU, 15TB NVMe SSD
- NVIDIA Ampere A100 specs: 54 billion transistors, 40GB HBM2, 7nm TSMC
- > NEXT STORY: Coronavirus Quarantine Simulator game is now out, play it now!
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Cyberpunk 2077 gets free next-gen upgrades on PlayStation 5, Xbox SX