AMD has been kicking all sorts of CPU ass in the desktop CPU market against Intel, but it is about to bring the Zen pain to the gaming notebook world this year... and even coronavirus can't stop it.
Now we have some leaked goodness on an upcoming ASUS TUF Gaming notebook, which packs the flagship AMD Ryzen 9 4900H processor (45W TDP), while another option is on the table for the Ryzen 9 4900HS (35W TDP). Both of these laptops with the Ryzen 9 4900H/HS processors will have 8 cores / 16 threads of Zen 2-based CPU goodness at up to (around) 4.2GHz boost. But now, we have some pictures to share thanks to our friends at VideoCardz.
This isn't the first time we've seen the Ryzen 9 4900HS on leaks, with the ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 notebook leaked, packing the Ryzen 9 4900HS processor, a 14-inch QHD display, 16GB of RAM, an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Max-Q graphics card with 6GB of GDDR6 memory, and a 1TB SSD.
We don't know which GPU is going to be inside of the new Ryzen 9 4900H-powered laptop here, but we should have some more news on it in the coming weeks.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 04:34 pm CDT
- ASUS Radeon RX 5600 XT: ROG Strix, TUF Gaming variants teased
- AMD steps it up (again) with next-gen Ryzen Threadripper packaging
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X: 64C/128T launches January 2020
- Amazon's best Cyber Monday deals on AMD CPUs, save up to 53%!
- ASUS launches new GeForce GTX 1650 GDDR6 with 'space-grade lubricant'
- > NEXT STORY: Xbox Series X, PlayStation 5 launches won't be affected by coronavirus
- < PREVIOUS STORY: AMD: no blower reference fans for next-gen Radeon graphics cards