It looks like coronavirus could be causing a bigger stir throughout the world than previously thought, with Mobile World Congress (MWC) canceled over it -- people pulling out left, right, and center of the Game Developers Conference (GDC) and Computex 2020 in Taiwan now possibly in question.
How could it get worse? Seeign the Tokyo 2020 Olympics canceled. This is now a possibility, with International Olympic Committee member Dick Pound talking with the Associated Press recently, where he said that the committee will be making a final decision throughout discussions with the World Health Organization (WHO).
Pound said: "All indications are at this stage that it will be business as usual. So keep focused on your sport and be sure that the IOC is not going to send you into a pandemic situation. It's a big, big, big decision and you just can't take it until you have reliable facts on which to base it. You just don't postpone something on the size and scale of the Olympics".
You can read more on our coverage of coronavirus here.
Last updated: Feb 26, 2020 at 06:11 am CST
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020
- NVIDIA delays GTC announcement of Ampere GPU over COVID-19 coronavirus
- R.E.M.'s 'It's The End Of The World As We Know It' is back on charts
- Coronavirus is on your phone, here's how you can clean it properly
- Tech industry leaders issue joint statement over COVID-19 coronavirus
- > NEXT STORY: Friends reunion is official, will debut on HBO Max
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Computex organizers have no plans to cancel event over coronavirus