There is still a lot of Skyrim players out there, and I'm sure out of the current player-base, there are a few players who are using monitors that are above 60Hz.
Skyrim supports uncapped framerates, but unfortunately, the game locks players' refresh rates to 60Hz. So, even if you do have a monitor that is above 60Hz (75Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 144Hz etc), you are aren't using its full capabilities in Skyrim. This is where mods come into play.
Modder SlavicPotato has released a new mod that can unlock the in-game refresh rate from 60Hz to 300Hz, enabling those higher refresh panel gamer to feel that glorious smoothness. If you are wondering how the mod works, the plugin is passive, meaning that after it performs the patch, there is no need for any fiddling around with files, it's basically plug and play. A download for the mod can be found here.
Last updated: Jan 9, 2020 at 06:11 am CST
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER, RTX 2070 SUPER mobile GPUs are now here
- Xbox Series X 12 TFLOP GPU confirmed, 4x Xbox One CPU and 8x GPU power
- Microsoft: Xbox Series X's real magic is hardware and software synergy
- Pixel 4 can't stay at 90Hz if screen brightness drops below 75%
- Call of Duty Warzone: F2P battle royale, 150 players, 80GB download
- > NEXT STORY: Goal Zero's new Yeti X battery: perfect for the Australian fires
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Mod released that brings Resident Evil 2's zombies to 60FPS from 30FPS