The Resident Evil 2 Remake just got a new update that strongly hints at an in-game tie-in for RE3 Remake.
RE2 Remake's latest update adds an interesting new trophy that's unlock by finding Jill's note in-game. The trophy itself is in its own little sub-section, just like the Ghost Survivors extra downloadable content. It's likely this trophy is for an upcoming free DLC Capcom will roll out to set the stage for the new Resident Evil 3 Remake, and we could see it announced The Game Awards 2019 in just a few hours.
Considering RE3 mostly picks up where RE2 left off (except for everything before the clocktower part, that's actually a prequel) this makes a lot of sense. Capcom can use RE2 Remake to promote and advertise Resident Evil 3 with in-game content as well as pre-order prompts (the latter is actually already live). Tonight we should see the free DLC announced and made available, and maybe even a teaser about a RE3 demo.
Speaking of demos, the Resident Evil 2 RPD demo is now live on Xbox One, letting gamers try this year's most terrifying experience without a time limit.
Resident Evil 3 Remake releases on April 3, 2020, and comes with the new 4v1 Resident Evil Resistance multiplayer game packed in.
Check below for more info:
- A fan favorite Reborn - this highly requested title modernizes a classic favorite 20 years after the original game's release.
- Up close and personal - An over-the-shoulder camera and modernized control scheme update the 1999 survival horror classic, drawing players into every Blood curdling encounter and horrific scare while they navigate the ruins of raccoon city.
- Experience another perspective of the once-vibrant City's nightmarish outbreak of the tvirus, a biological weapon developed by Umbrella Corporation. Jill's struggle for survival takes her from the outbreak, and overlaps with the events in Resident Evil 2.
- Overcome chilling encounters in a fight for survival that ratchets up the genre-defining horror game's intensity. Nail-biting exploration complements the gripping puzzle solving that fans love.
- Includes Resident Evil resistance - this online 4 vs. 1 asymmetrical multiplayer experience offers both cooperative and competitive gameplay, where players can create their own survival horror experience in the Resident Evil universe.
Witness the climactic events of Raccoon city in a completely reimagined Resident Evil 3. This highly demanded follow-up in the 94 million unit selling franchise comes on the heels of the award-winning Resident Evil 2, and completes the Raccoon city story arc. Resident Evil 3 will also include the online 4VS1 asymmetric multiplayer experience Resident Evil resistance.
In Resident Evil 3, S.T.A.R.S. Member Jill Valentine, One of video games' Most iconic heroines, flees a city being consumed by zombies and other horrifying creatures. Built with Capcom's proprietary Re engine, Resident Evil 3 uses modernized gameplay to combine action with classic survival horror in vivid high-definition.
Jill's harrowing experiences in Resident Evil 3 take place in the nightmarish hours leading up to and following the events in Resident Evil 2, shedding new light on the plight of Raccoon city's residents.
Every hope of escape is cut off by another Star in the Resident Evil franchise: the towering bio organic weapon Nemesis. This brutal yet intelligent monstrosity uses an arsenal of high-powered weaponry to indiscriminately eliminate any surviving S.T.A.R.S. Members in the city - with Jill being his final target.
- >> NEXT STORY: Mortal Kombat 11 cross-play might not come to PC
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Amazon's New World MMORPG pops on Steam, set for 2020 release