Respawn Entertainment is ramping right into the third season of Apex Legends, launching a new trailer for S3 which has been dubbed Meltdown. Check it out:
Apex Legends' new season will see Respawn debut a new character in Crypto, as well as a big surprise: a new map called World's End. Unlike Fortnite, which sees Epic Games making continuous changes to its single map -- Respawn has decided to split Apex into two offering two maps.
World's End rocks an awesome fire-and-ice theme with a moveable train with loot on it, and plenty of surprises in store. There will be a bunch of smaller cities, and a huge tower that is covered in ice and gives me the same feels as Superman's iconic Fortress of Solitude.
Apex Legends Season 3 begins on October 1.
Here's what you can expect from Season 3 of Apex Legends:
New Legend: Crypto
- Cool, calm, collected, new Legend Crypto deploys specialized surveillance drones to stay in the fight and out of the spotlight.
All-New Battle Pass
- Over 100 exclusive items including Legendary skins, Apex Packs, new Battle Pass content making a Season 3 debut, and more!
New Weapon: Charge Rifle
- Carve your way across the Arena with this obliterating directed-energy weapon.
Ranked Series 2
- Show off your skills in the new series of Ranked mode. Drop in hot and put your enemies on ice!
- > NEXT STORY: Valve updates Half-Life 2 after 15 years
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Red Dead Redemption 2 may not ever get singleplayer DLC