THQ Nordic has announced that their title Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition will soon be making its way to the Nintendo Switch in both physical and digital form.
The above video is the announcement trailer for the Nintendo Switch version of Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition, and showcases what players will have in-store for them if they decide to pick up the title. Right off the bat, I noticed extreme framerate drops in the trailer, both in cutscenes as well as live gameplay. Examples of this can be found at times: 0.46 - 0.48 / 1:11 - 1:14 and many more.
I really do hope that Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition doesn't release with these framedrops, and between now and the release date, developers Gunfire Games iron out all of its issues. There is also the possibility that these drops in frames we are seeing are from video compression and something has gone wrong during the upload. Hopefully THQ Nordic, or Gunfire Games gives a statement regarding these drops so we know whether or not its in-game or just in the trailer.
Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition will be arriving on the Nintendo Switch in physical form and digitally on September 26th. Price wise, we are looking a mark of $29.99 from both retail stores and the Nintendo eShop.
- Play Death: Become the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, able to destroy entire worlds and battle forces beyond Heaven and Hell.
- Epic Universe: Unlike anything the player has seen before, delivered in the unique style of Joe Mad.
- Player Choice & Customization: Customize your experience with varied armor sets, weapons, and Skill Trees allowing players to create their own Death.
- Replay-ability: Explore a vast open world, complete dozens of side quests and customize your Death with a full leveling system, Skill Trees and endless equipment combinations.
- Traversal: Death is a nimble and agile character capable of incredible acrobatic feats allowing the player to explore the world like never before.
- Darksiders 2 with all DLC included and integrated into the game which offers a total playtime of more than 30 hours.
- Reworked and tuned game balancing and loot distribution.
- Improved Graphic Render Engine for higher visual quality especially in terms of lighting and shadows.
- Improved and reworked level, character and environment graphics.