Samsung barely had its Galaxy Fold smartphone on the market with it getting into the hands of a select few reviewers and influencers, before the company pulled it and delayed the launch... and now its first fordable smartphone will launch in September.
Samsung says in its press release: "Samsung is conducting final product tests to make Galaxy Fold available to consumers starting from September in select markets. Availability details will be shared as we get closer to launch". We should expect more details on what they've changed during the announcement, but this is what Samsung has said so far regarding tweaks to the Galaxy Fold:
- Samsung has taken the time to fully evaluate the product design, make necessary improvements and run rigorous tests to validate the changes we made. These design and construction improvements include:
- The top protective layer of the Infinity Flex Display has been extended beyond the bezel, making it apparent that it is an integral part of the display structure and not meant to be removed.
- Galaxy Fold features additional reinforcements to better protect the device from external particles while maintaining its signature foldable experience:
- The top and bottom of the hinge area have been strengthened with newly added protection caps.
- Additional metal layers underneath the Infinity Flex Display have been included to reinforce the protection of the display.
- The space between the hinge and body of Galaxy Fold has been reduced.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Factory Unlocked Phone with 128GB (U.S. Warranty) (SM-G973UZIAXAA)
- > NEXT STORY: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries is exclusive to Epic Games Store
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Epic Store cloud saves are live, but only for a few games