It started off as a rumor and now it has been officially confirmed online, and by my own sources at AMD -- they have indeed reduced the price of the Radeon RX 5700 series cards. NVIDIA increased the competition right before luanch with its new GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER and RTX 2070 SUPER, forcing AMD to drop its prices.
AMD says it dropped the prices because it "embraces competition, which drives innovation to the benefit of gamers. In that spirit, we are updating the pricing of our Radeon RX 5700 Series graphics cards, launching July 7". The new prices on the Navi-based Radeon RX 5700 series are as follows:
- 50th Anniversary Edition AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT -- $449 USD SEP
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT graphics card -- $399 USD SEP
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 graphics card -- $349 USD SEP
AMD continues: "We know that gamers will be thrilled once they have the opportunity to experience the amazing performance, stunning visual fidelity and highly responsive gameplay these new graphics cards provide. Making history on 7/7 as the first company to launch gaming CPUs and GPUs together - the first in 7nm and PCIe 4.0 - is all about pushing the ultimate gaming experience forward for as many gamers as possible".
- >> NEXT STORY: Nintendo wants to make more funky controllers
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Moon's haunted: Shadowkeep's locale shown in ghastly video