A recap of the Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition demo shown off at this years E3 has been released. The recap revisits all the bonuses players will acquire when they pick up Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition.
The above video has been released onto the Forgotten Empires YouTube Channel and Forgotten Empires' Community Manager, Matthew Turk gives us a run through of what we are looking at throughout the demo.
Some of the main features that Turk mentions are adjustable zoom controls, scalable UI, 4K graphics overhaul, global queuing, mod support, 4 new civilizations, 3 brand new campaigns and much more. Additionally, players who own a copy of Age of Empires II: HD will receive a 25% discount when purchasing Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition. For more information or to sign up to enter the beta, visit the official website here.
Feature list for Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition -
- Dynamic Zoom Controls
- Stunning 4K graphics true to the look and feel of Age of Empires II
- Fully Remastered Soundtrack
- Simultaneous Research and Unit Build Queues
- Global Queue at the Top of the Screen
- Ability to Auto-Reset Fish Traps
- Built-in Mods: Small Trees, Grid Mode, etc.
- Additional Mod Support
- Includes all DLC for HD
- 4 New Civilizations (for a total of 35 Civs)
- 3 Brand-new Campaigns
- Over 200 hours of Campaign Gameplay
- Integrated Leaderboard and Ladder
- Balance Updates based on Player Feedback
- Matchmaking Features
- Scalable User Interface
- Advanced Tutorials
- Crossplay between Steam and the Microsoft Store
Last updated: Jul 3, 2019 at 06:11 am CDT
- >> NEXT STORY: NBA 2K20 officially announced in first look teaser trailer
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Netflix release Witcher TV screens: Geralt, Yennefer & Ciri