AMD's new FidelityFX technology has made its first appearance in RAGE 2, with developer Avalanche Studios releasing a patch for the game that offers FidelityFX that will first drop on 7/7 with the next-gen Navi-based Radeon RX 5700 series graphics cards.
The new Navi-exclusive FidelityFX technology is made up of different high quality post-processing effects that will sharpen up the image quality in your game, without sacrificing as much GPU horsepower. DSOGaming notes that the FidelityFX SHARPENING & UPSAMPLING is now an option in RAGE 2, and while it detects with an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti installed, it will not run on any graphics card that isn't based on the new Navi GPU architecture, which will power the upcoming Radeon RX 5700 graphics cards.
There are other limitations of FidelityFX that extend from it being exclusive to the Radeon RX 5700 series, as it currently only works on DX11 games.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 04:44 pm CDT
- AMD FidelityFX tech now available in Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- PS5 may only enhance PS4 games, legacy PS1, PS2 and PS3 games unlikely
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- > NEXT STORY: Masters of Doom being turned into TV show by James Franco
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Iran power usage spikes 7% from Bitcoin mining farms