Psyonix has announced a huge new update for Rocket League in December with enhanced Xbox One X support that sees console owners enjoying the game at native 4K and 60FPS.
If you're an Xbox One X owner and don't have a 4K TV yet, Rocket League will render at 1080p and use super sampling to drive up the image quality with the new update. Psyonix hasn't detailed whether the PS4 Pro will benefit from the new update, but the Xbox One X is considerably better than the PlayStation 4 when it comes to high-res high refresh rate gaming.
The new Rocket League update drops on December 3 at 10AM PST, 1PM ET, and 6PM in the UK and will add:
- Leaderboards for Ranked Extra Modes
- Changes to the XP/ Progression System, including more Weekly Win Bonuses
- A brand new 'Rocket League x Monstercat Vol. 5' EP
- New Community Flags for Extra Life, Speedy, and another still TBA
- > NEXT STORY: DICE compares RTX in Battlefield V to original Quake, Crysis
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Obi-Wan Kenobi comes to Battlefront II this month