It was barely 24 hours ago that I wrote that Fortnite had reached a new record 8.3 million concurrent players across all platforms, so I began digging into the playerbase of PUBG and discovered it's low and losing double-digit percentages every month.
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds reached its peak of 3.2 million players back in January 2018, and has since lost close to 100,000 players per month since. In June it dipped below 2 million concurrent players on Steam to just 1.75 million players, and dipped to 1 million last month. In the last 30 days, PUBG has only hit a peak of 965,507 players... seeing Fortnite with 7.4 million more concurrent players.
Last updated: Nov 13, 2018 at 06:11 am CST
- Steam hits new all-time record for concurrent players on its platform
- Steam grew to nearly 95 million monthly active users in 2019
- Coronavirus causes Steam to almost reach 20 million concurrent players
- Steam rockets to 22 million players thanks to coronavirus quarantines
- Steam player count hits new all-time high of 18.8 million
- > NEXT STORY: Stan Lee, Marvel Comics super-star dies at age 95
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Sea of Thieves update includes PvP mode called 'The Arena'