If you are a Shovel Knight fan, there is no doubt you were disappointed when you saw Shovel Knight as an assist trophy in the new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Now with zero chance for Shovel Knight to be a playable character in Smash Ultimate, Yacht Club Games have instead decided to bring Smash to Shovel Knight.
Yacht Club Games have announced the final addition to Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, introducing Shovel Knight Showdown. Showdown will pit up to 4 local players together, as they can choose their favorite villain or hero from the Shovel Knight series in a race for who can acquire the most gems. "All the classic Shovel Knight characters you know and love are playable, many for the first time ever! Gather your pals for endless multiplayer clashes, or take control of your favorite character and dig into Story Mode."
According to the post made by Yacht Club Games on their official blog,"Shovel Knight Showdown features local only multiplayer, and arrives as a free update to all existing versions of Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove on consoles and PC." In addition to it arriving free to anyone who already owns Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, Showdown will also be made available as a standalone game. For more information about Shovel Knight Showdown, visit the official blog post here.
Shovel Knight Showdown features:
- Play as all the key heroes and villains from Shovel Knight, many for the first time ever! Master over 16 playable characters including Shovel Knight, Shield Knight, Black Knight, The Enchantress, and all of the Knights of the Order of No Quarter!
- Compete in one-on-one duels, frantic 4 player free-for-alls, and cooperative team battles against AI opponents or your friends in modes like Gem Clash, Showdown, and more!
- Battle through Story Mode, a multistage journey customized for each character! Your chosen hero will face a rival, defeat scores of opponents, relax with a minigame or two, and hopefully see their tale completed after an all-new final encounter
- Explore myriad stages inspired by famous characters and locales in Shovel Knight, as well as a plethora of all-new stages.
- Prepare and perfect your moves in a full-featured practice mode.
- Yacht Club Game's beautifully authentic style bridges the gap between yesterday and today. Design, art, and audio hearken back to the days of 8-bit, but with a frenetic new coat of paint!
- New songs compliment an award-winning soundtrack composed by Jake "Virt" Kaufman.
- Balanced and intuitive gameplay is a warm welcome to newcomers, and an old embrace for experts.
- >> NEXT STORY: Marvel's Spider-Man PS4 DLC's scheduled dates revealed
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Yakuza dev's new IP to be revealed at Tokyo Game Show 2018