The PS4's new amazing-looking Spider-Man game will eke out some extra power from the PS4 Pro's hardware boost, but don't expect 60FPS.
Although Insomniac's new Spider-Man game is one of the highest-profile PS4 exclusives of 2018 it doesn't mean the game will have a PS4 Pro performance option for 1080p users or get specific frame rate optimizations. Spider-Man's Creative Director Bryan Intihar recently confirmed the game is locked to 30FPS on both the base PS4 and the Pro, but Peter Parker's crime-crushing antics will "take advantage of the PS4 Pro, look a little better and run a little better."
So expect checkerboard 4K upscaling with 30FPS on the PS4 Pro on 4K UHDTVs, and possibly supersampled 1080p 30FPS on 1080p TVs. Regular PS4s should just hit 1080p 30FPS in the game of course.
Intihar also revealed some other interesting tidbits about the game that you can find below:
- Open world New York is several times bigger than Sunset Overdrive's
- There are tons of alternate costumes
- "Hell no" to microtransactions being in the game
- Game takes place across a few weeks time
- Fast-travel via the subway
- Mary Jane is playable in the game
- Post-release content planned (three DLC packs with missions and more)
- Photo mode confirmed
- >> NEXT STORY: WD's new Black 3D NVMe SSDs are the best you can get
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Insomniac's Spider-Man game coming September 2018