Quake Champions has been in its closed beta stage for a while now, but Bethesda has just announced that Quake Champions will be pushed into Steam Early Access, and through the Bethesda.net launcher on August 22.
id Software will be baking in a bunch of new content into Quake Champions once it reaches Early Access, with new maps, features, a new special champion, and more. id Software boss Tim Willits explains: "With a fast, skill-based game like Quake Champions, nothing is more important than continual testing and refining, based on player feedback, to ensure the game is balanced, optimized, and fun for all levels of players, from pro to new".
He continued: "The Early Access version of Quake Champions is, obviously, a work-in-progress, but represents a solid and robust version of the game, with four modes, 11 Champions, a variety of maps, and a thriving community of fans. Early Access will allow us to work closely with players to improve the game and add additional features before the official launch of Quake Champions in the coming months".
Quake Champions additional content that will be live @ Early Access stage:
- Two New Maps: Church of Azathoth and Tempest Shrine
- The New Champion: DOOM Slayer
- Rune Challenges: Players will be rewarded for completing new Rune Challenges found in backpacks
- Lore System: Players will find Lore Items hidden throughout Arenas in vases. By collecting all 10 Lore Items for a specific Champion, they will unlock that Champion's high-end Lore Skin
- Improved New Player Onboarding: New features to help get fresh fraggers up to speed include a movement tutorial, shooting gallery, and the ability to choose a skill level
- New Customization Options: New options include new Champion skin sets and weapon shaders
- In-Game Voice Chat
- > NEXT STORY: Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Battlegrounds updates will soon slow down