Apple has unleashed a bunch of new products today including the Radeon Pro Vega-powered iMac Pro with its 5K display and can be configured with an 18-core Intel Xeon CPU, the new MacBook and MacBook Pro units, and now the new iPad Pro refreshes.
Apple refreshed its 12.9-inch iPad Pro, but also ditched the older 9.7-inch iPad Pro size and stretched it out to a slightly bigger 10.5-inch iPad Pro, which replaces the 9.7-inch version. The 10.5-inch iPad Pro rocks a native resolution of 2224x1668 (264 PPI) with 20% more screen real estate over the 9.7-inch model, and 40% smaller bezels. This leads to a 10.5-inch iPad Pro that is only a little bigger and roughly the same physical size as the smaller 9.7-inch predecessor.
The new iPad Pro has some high refresh rate goodness tucked up its sleeve with Apple's new ProMotion technology ramping up the refresh rate on the 10.5- and 12.9-inch panels to 120Hz.
Inside of both the new iPad Pro models is the 6-core A10X Fusion processor from Apple, with a built-in M10 coprocessor, and a 12-core GPU. Apple says that the new iPad has up to 30% faster CPU speeds, and a 40% bump in GPU grunt over the previous-gen A9 processor. Battery life stays at the same 10 hour mark.
Inside, the iPad Pro receives an improved camera, with Apple throwing the same 12-megapixel sensor from the iPhone 7 with f/1.8 aperture into their new slate, alongside optical image stabilization and quad-LED True Tone flash. There's also a front-facing FaceTime HD camera that is identical to the one in the iPhone 7, packing a 7-megapixel sensor with 1080p video recording abilities, auto-HDR, and Retina Flash.
New iPad Pro Pricing
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro 64GB Wi-Fi only - $649 ($779 w/cellular)
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro 256GB Wi-Fi only - $749 ($879 w/cellular)
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro 512GB Wi-Fi only - $949 ($1079 w/cellular)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 64GB Wi-Fi only - $799 ($929 w/cellular)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 256GB Wi-Fi only - $899 ($1029 with LTE)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 512GB Wi-Fi only - $1099 ($1229 with LTE)
- > NEXT STORY: Switch getting Pokken, not Pokemon Sun & Moon remaster
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Sony plots mobile gaming initiative in Japan