MSI has made its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X graphics card official, with a proper tease at card with its spruced up cooler both on, and off - as well as the technical specifications, so we have some GPU and VRAM clock speeds to share.
MSI will be offering its usual three overclocking modes: Silent, Gaming, and OC modes. Silent Mode sees the GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X clocked at 1480/1582MHz on the GPU, and 11000MHz on the 11GB of GDDR5X. Gaming Mode ramps up the GPU clocks to 1544/1657MHz, with the GDDR5X clocks at 11016MHz (16MHz overclock), while the OC Mode clocks the card at 1569/1683MHz, and the GDDR5X at 11124MHz.
The card doesn't look as long as usual, with MSI doing some great work on the custom PCB on the GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X.
The backplate is looking mighty fine, I can't wait to get my camera up close and personal with that.
MSI needs 8+8-pin PCIe power connectors on their GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X.
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X features
The Ultimate GAMING: TWIN FROZR VI
- Smooth Heat Pipes: Squared shape at bottom maximize heat transfer from the copper base plate.
- Zero Frozr: Stopping the fan in low-load situations, keeping a noise-free environment.
- Airflow Control: Technology Deflectors thrusts air onto heat pipes for lower temperatures and better gaming.
TORX FAN 2.0: Supremely silent
- Dispersion fan blade: Steeper curved blade accelerating the airflow.
- Traditional fan blade: Provides steady airflow to massive heat sink below.
- Double ball bearing: Strong and lasting core for years of smooth gaming.
- Instant Performance Gain: Unlock extra
- Instant Performance Gain: Unlock extra performance or keep your card silent
- during light use in one click.
- LED control: Full control on your RGB GAMING LEDs to set the mood.
- > NEXT STORY: Xbox boss: first-party Project Scorpio games 'critical'
- < PREVIOUS STORY: StarCraft remastered announced by Blizzard