Ubisoft is hard at work on the new Assassin's Creed game, which is reportedly going to be called Assassin's Creed: Empire - and now we know that it will most likely be coming in October, and that the map will be much bigger than the previous game in the franchise.
According to the latest rumor from Polish website Gry-Online, which reports that Assassin's Creed Empire will be a prequel to the entire Assassin's Creed franchise. Altair's distant relative will be the protagonist, and is being developed by Ubisoft Montreal, the team that worked on Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. Empire, is meant to have a map size that is 3x that in Black Flag, so it's freakin' huge.
Assassin's Creed Empire details so far:
- The next game will be a sort of prequel for the franchise.
- It's set in Ancient Egypt.
- You play as a Former Slave.
- The Main Character is a Distant Ancestor of Altair.
- It's being developed by the team that brought us Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. (Ubisoft Montreal)
- The Character has slightly darker skin than we have previously seen for a main character.
- The world is over three times larger than that of Assassin's Creed: Black Flag.
- The game will feature Desert Mirages.
Last updated: Sep 1, 2017 at 05:21 am CDT
- Steam's Black Friday sale is almost too good to be true
- New viking Assassin's Creed Amazon listing confirmed fake
- New Viking Assassin's Creed may be next-gen console launch game
- Next Assassin's Creed isn't called Ragnarok, most leaked info is wrong
- Ubisoft to launch 9 big AAA games on next-gen PS5, Project Scarlett
- > NEXT STORY: eBay launches guaranteed 3-day shipping service
- < PREVIOUS STORY: 'Terminator Genisys' sequel dead, but series will go on