Ubisoft is hard at work on the new Assassin's Creed game, which is reportedly going to be called Assassin's Creed: Empire - and now we know that it will most likely be coming in October, and that the map will be much bigger than the previous game in the franchise.
According to the latest rumor from Polish website Gry-Online, which reports that Assassin's Creed Empire will be a prequel to the entire Assassin's Creed franchise. Altair's distant relative will be the protagonist, and is being developed by Ubisoft Montreal, the team that worked on Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. Empire, is meant to have a map size that is 3x that in Black Flag, so it's freakin' huge.
Assassin's Creed Empire details so far:
- The next game will be a sort of prequel for the franchise.
- It's set in Ancient Egypt.
- You play as a Former Slave.
- The Main Character is a Distant Ancestor of Altair.
- It's being developed by the team that brought us Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. (Ubisoft Montreal)
- The Character has slightly darker skin than we have previously seen for a main character.
- The world is over three times larger than that of Assassin's Creed: Black Flag.
- The game will feature Desert Mirages.
- > NEXT STORY: Zelda: Breath of the Wild running at solid 30FPS on PC
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Mass Effect: Andromeda first impressions