It looks like AMD is preparing to launch a next-gen graphics card, where the company should unveil its new Vega architecture soon - it's looking like we can expect the Radeon RX 490 to be unveiled soon.
The new Radeon RX 490 will be AMD's new 4K-ready flagship graphics card that will fight against NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 1080, and hopefully at a lower price point. AMD has said that we aren't to expect a faster Polaris graphics card than the RX 480, so I don't see why they would announce an RX 490 when they should jump to the RX 590 with a card that can beat NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 1080 (which will only be replaced with a GTX 1080 Ti soon enough).
But, there's some exciting things to expect, according to WCCFTech:
- It will target the 4K resolution and be the go-to graphics card for VR.
- It will have a bus width greater than 256 bits.
- It will be based on either a dual-GPU Polaris 10 design or Vega 10.
- Its going to be close to the price point of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080.
Will the Radeon RX 490 rock the Polaris or Vega architecture? Well, the RX 490 could be a dual-GPU with 2 x Polaris 10 GPU cores, and 16GB of GDDR5 in total. This would provide the performance of a GTX 1080 (or so), at a lower price point (hopefully), and easily be 4K and VR-ready.
- >> NEXT STORY: $1 million reward offered for info on Julian Assange
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Samsung plans to launch a 'Jet Black' version of the S7
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de