While the focus on gaming right now sits with Battlefield 1, Respawn Entertainment and EA are rolling up to the big launch of Titanfall 2, which has a new gameplay trailer released powered by NVIDIA's new Titan X graphics card.
Titanfall 2 running at 4K 60FPS is truly glorious to see, with Respawn teasing: "Check out the exclusiveTitanfall 2 4K gameplay footage of the Trial By Fire single player campaign mission running at 60 frames per second, captured on a TITAN X". The game launches with some exclusive PC options, with NVIDIA working with the team at Respawn on Titanfall 2. Here's what to expect:
- DSR lets you crank up the internal rendering resolution when you've got spare performance, further improving the quality of your graphics. For example, if you own a GeForce GTX 1080 and use a 1920×1080 screen, you'll be able to render Titanfall 2 on your graphics card at 3840×2160, and then automatically downsize the picture to fit your 1920×1080 monitor, greatly enhancing image quality.
- MFAA is an innovative NVIDIA anti-aliasing technology that decreases the performance impact of high-quality MSAA anti-aliasing, giving you higher framerates and the option to spend saved frames on other settings that further improve image quality.
- Surround enables you to extend your view of Titanfall 2 by playing with three monitors. See more of the action, and see enemies approaching from the left or right, giving you a competitive advantage.
- FCAT and other testing technology enables NVIDIA engineers to examine the performance of games in great detail, revealing stutters and other issues that we can rectify in the game code and through driver updates before a game's release. This ensures GeForce GTX GPUs deliver the smoothest experience in every game.
- > NEXT STORY: Nintendo debuts new Zelda: Breath of the Wild footage
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Forza Horizon 3 developer explains tech behind the game