Deus Ex: Mankind Divided limped through its release on the PC, with Nixxes releasing yet another update that includes DX12 performance and stability optimizations. The last patch released by Nixxes included multi-GPU support for DX12, as well as being the official DX12 support stamp for Mankind Divided on PC.
Nixxes' new patch is built 592.1, and includes many improvements to DX12, gameplay, and general fixes/stability improvements. The full details:
The following gameplay changes are in this patch:
- Fixed regression that was introduced in last patch: Walking speed is now fixed properly.
- Fixed regression that was introduced in last patch: Talos Rucker no longer spawns twice.
- AMD intro video now has a lower volume.
- Fixed an issue where clicking on some interactive objects, such as computers or keypads, could cause Jensen to unholster his weapon.
- Fixed an issue where some users had to create a new Windows account to be able to start the game.
- Fixed a crash when loading a savegame.
- Fixed an issue where SSAO could introduce some graphical artifacts.
- Fixed an issue in Breach where the Booster Pack open button would not be shown, even though the user had Booster Packs to open.
- Fixed issues with the dialogue selection wheel.
The following DirectX 12 changes are in this patch:
- Improved stability and performance.
- Major improvement to loading times.
DirectX 12 support in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:
- You can toggle DirectX 12 from either the launcher window or from the Display options within the game.
- Note that DirectX 12 requires a restart of the game if (de-)activated from within a running game session. WARNING: Using the DirectX 12 API can offer better performance on some systems, however, it will not be beneficial on all. If you encounter problems with DirectX 12, we recommend turning it off again. There are no visual or gameplay differences between the two DirectX versions.
- Multi-GPU Note: Currently we only support Single GPU on DirectX 12, see below for more details about Multi-GPU.
DirectX 12 Multi-GPU support in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:
- DirectX 12 Multi-GPU support is being released as a preview through thedx12_mgpu_preview branch on steam.
- We are aware that some systems might still experience issues. Please let us know when you are experiencing issues.
To activate Multi-GPU DirectX 12 you are required to do the following:
- Within your Steam Library, right-click on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
- Select 'properties' from the context menu and navigate to the Beta tab.
- From the dropdown menu, select dx12_mgpu_preview then close the window.
Third party software interference with DirectX 12
If you are experiencing problems using DirectX 12, please try disabling any 3rd party applications that might interfere with the game.
- Steam Overlay.
- AMD Gaming Evolved.
- NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
- MSI Afterburner.
- Any other game recording or streaming application.
- Any other application that displays an overlay on top of the game.
Note about using Stereoscopic 3D on DirectX 12
Stereoscopic 3D requires different settings for DirectX 11 and DirectX 12:
- DirectX 11 requires Exclusive Fullscreen to be active.
- DirectX 12 requires Exclusive Fullscreen to be inactive.
- >> NEXT STORY: Galaxy S8 rumored to be Samsung's only flagship for 2017
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Download Bungie's 2.4.1 patch update for Destiny now