Earlier this week, Amazon listings indicated a disc option was out for Battlefield 1 on PC. Today, EA confirms the news, although notes some regions will still have the option.
"Here in North America, there will be a PC box version that you can buy in stores that will have a code in the box and no disc," a representative said. "If you buy that same PC box version Internationally, some countries will offer a disc inside."
No doubt this is a response to a lack of demand for a disc version; PC gamers have long been more about downloads which have been inherent to the platform for longer than with consoles, and the gap seems to widen more every year.
Last updated: Sep 1, 2017 at 06:03 am CDT
- Battlefield V content carries through 2020, may get next-gen updates
- Battlefield V: War in the Pacific includes old school Wake Island map
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Battlefield 6 to 'blow people's minds' on next-gen consoles
- New Battlefield to release by 2022 on PS5, Project Scarlett