The PC version of Gears of War: Ultimate Edition has been a mess since the start, with developer The Coalition pumping out new updates to slowly make the game what it should've been at launch. The new patch has the current focus from the team:
- Ultra-wide resolutions (2560×1080 and 3440×1440) added to the game. In performance testing.
- Reduce hitches during level transitions. In stability testing.
- Reduce audio stutter on older CPU's (3rd gen Intel). Some improvement, still working on it.
- Reduce hitches in general. Some improvement, still working on it.
- Investigate adjusting strict NAT matchmaking rules.
- Investigate adding FPS counter.
- Multi GPU support. In development.
- Improve texture quality for cards with 1GB VRAM.
We should see the new patch for Gears of War: Ultimate Edition in the coming weeks.
- > NEXT STORY: Need for Speed barely looks different on PC with Low/Ultra settings
- < PREVIOUS STORY: CDPR reveals the science behind The Witcher 3's dialogue animations