Just as it was alluded to last month, the next great expansion to the free-to-play MMO, Neverwinter, is here for the Xbox One.
The new expansion lets you journey into the Underdark with a story that's written by one of the original Forgotten Realms creators, R.A. Salvatore himself. After the initial encounter there'll be a whole new campaign waiting for you. Complete with hordes of demons that obviously need your slaying.
Inside there'll be two new skirmishes, the Prophecy of Madness and the Throne of the Dwarven Gods that should prove to be quite challenging. After you whet your whistle with those, you can enjoy a better looking Tarmalune Trade Bar STore, which has been overhauled and has a lot of new items with vastly reduced prices. Below you can see all the great new things that're included in the new expansion.
- 10-player encounter with the two-headed demon lord, Demogorgon
- Adventure alongside iconic Dungeons & Dragons characters including Drizzt Do'Urden, Bruenor Battlehammer and Regis in a new questline, "The Dwarven King", written by New York Times Best-Selling Author R.A. Salvatore
- All-new campaign including new in-game rewards inspired by the Rage of Demons storyline from Wizards of the Coast
- Mantol-Derith, a new non-combat adventurer hub found in the Underdark
- Two new end-game skirmishes, each with two different ways to achieve victory
- Rifts in the Abyssal plane now summon Demonic encounters throughout the Sword Coast adding variety to open-world Heroic Encounters
- Updates to the Trade Bar Store allowing easier access to items and economy adjustments
- Gear Preview allows players to see how all equippable items will look on their characters
- Additional Strongholds content including a new resource plot and PvP tower
- Artifact weapons can be reforged into new artifact weapons via double refinement above rank 15
- Masterwork Items now obtainable from endgame Professions tasks
- Boons tied to successfully quelling demonic presence in the Underdark campaign
- > NEXT STORY: P.T. influenced game now coming to Xbox One and PS4, possibly VR
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Head of Sony VR resigns to work on other VR projects