Just how much PC will you need for Elite Dangerous on the HTC Vive? Frontier Developments, the studio behind Elite Dangerous, have released the official Steam VR minimum requirements. This is what you'll need:
- OS: Windows 7/8/10 64 bit
- Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K Quad Core CPU or better / AMD FX 4350 Quad Core CPU or better
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 980 with 4GB or better
- Network: Broadband Internet Connection
- Hard Drive: 8 GB available space
As for the Elite Dangerous universe in VR, CEO of the company Jonny Watts said back in September: "We're thrilled to announce SteamVR support as part of the ongoing expansion of Elite Dangerous. Back in December 2013 we were among the first to support virtual reality with a triple-A game, and for me, exploring, trading and fighting throughout Elite Dangerous' 1:1 scale Milky Way remains an unequaled virtual reality experience. We have been working closely with Valve to bring Elite Dangerous to HTC Vive, and we are delighted with the quality we have been able to achieve".
- >> NEXT STORY: Win a Fitbit Surge fitness super watch, just in time for Christmas!
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Ubisoft delays The Division beta to early 2016, surprises no one
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de