JPR's latest data still sees NVIDIA with 81.1% of the GPU market

Even with the release of the Fury X, AMD only clawed back 0.9% of the discrete GPU market back from NVIDIA this quarter.

@anthony256
Published Sun, Nov 15 2015 5:31 PM CST   |   Updated Tue, Nov 3 2020 12:03 PM CST

The latest time we saw the discrete GPU market share numbers, NVIDIA was dominating with 82% of the market. We thought with the release of the Radeon R9 390X and the hyped to hell Radeon R9 Fury X (as well as the Fury, and R9 Nano) that AMD would win back a considerable chunk of the dGPU market in the last three months... well, they didn't.

JPR's latest data still sees NVIDIA with 81.1% of the GPU market | TweakTown.com

AMD only took back 0.9% of the dGPU market, leaving NVIDIA with 81.1%, according to the latest data from analyst firm JPR. Back in February of this year, NVIDIA had 76% of the market leaving AMD with 24% of the market. But, we should hopefully begin to see a change in these numbers now that AMD is finally doing something about it, splitting its GPU division off recently into Radeon Technologies Group.

The biggest GPU fight is about to happen, with the shift from 28nm to 14/16nm set to happen next year. Not only that, but HBM2 will be used by both sides, versus just AMD using HBM right now. If that wasn't exciting enough, Windows 10 delivered DirectX 12 to the world, so we should begin to see some truly interesting things begin to happen early next year.

NEWS SOURCE:dsogaming.com

Anthony joined the TweakTown team in 2010 and has since reviewed 100s of graphics cards. Anthony is a long time PC enthusiast with a passion of hate for games built around consoles. FPS gaming since the pre-Quake days, where you were insulted if you used a mouse to aim, he has been addicted to gaming and hardware ever since. Working in IT retail for 10 years gave him great experience with custom-built PCs. His addiction to GPU tech is unwavering.

Newsletter Subscription

Related Tags

Newsletter Subscription
Latest News
View More News
Latest Reviews
View More Reviews
Latest Articles
View More Articles