WhatsApp is continuing to grow, with the Facebook-owned messaging giant now having a huge 900 million active monthly users. This is up 100 million from five months ago, where WhatsApp sat at 800 million active monthly users.
The company said back in January that it had 700 million users, adding 100 million users to its system just three months later. At this rate, the Facebook-owned company should hit 1 billion users before the New Year. Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg congratulated WhatsApp CEO Jan Koum, where she said: "900 million people now use WhatsApp every month to stay in touch with family and friends around the world. Congratulations to Jan Koum and everyone at WhatsApp on reaching this incredible milestone and for still finding time to make us all laugh".
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 08:32 pm CDT
- WhatsApp is now home to over 2 billion active users
- Is China hiding the real COVID-19 death toll? 21 million phones VANISH
- Tesla Cybertruck: the electric truck from the future starts at $39,900
- Pokemon Sword and Shield sold 16 million copies in one month
- Facebook worried its servers will 'melt down' over coronavirus panic
- > NEXT STORY: OSVR updates its hardware, delivers 1080p 120Hz display and more
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Toyota pledges $50 million into autonomous car research centers at MIT