Thecus has just announced its expanding its rackmount NAS lineup by introducing the N8900PRO, which packs an Intel Xeon E3-1275 quad-core processor clocked at 3.4GHz, 8GB of DDR3 RAM (expandable by up to 32GB), and an AES-NI hardware encryption engine.
Florence Shih, CEO of Thecus, explains: "For businesses in need of a powerful, all-purpose NAS server, the N8900PRO provides a robust hardware platform to handle the rigorous day-to-day operations in the workplace. With the 8-bay, N8900PRO, users are able to deploy a high capacity, cost effective storage solution with ensured data protection and security".
The new N8900PRO from Thecus has eight bays that can take either SAS or SATA drives, 10GbE support for ultra-fast network transfers, and oodles of features that will have business users happy for years. There's also VMware, Microsoft and Citrix virtualization solutions, and much more included. Better yet, the N8900PRO takes use of Thecus' Daisy Chaining technology and iCSCI Thin Provisioning, which allows users to hit an insane 576TB of storage. Multiple file systems are supported, including ext3, ext4, Btrfs, and XFS.
Thecus will begin shipping the N8900PRO starting at the beginning of September, with the full specifications of the Thecus N8900PRO:
- Intel Xeon E3-1275 Quad Core 3.4GHz processor
- 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM (Expandable to 32 GB)
- AES-NI hardware encryption engine
- Dual DOM
- Redundant power supply
- 6 x USB 2.0 ports, USB 2 x 3.0 ports
- 1 x HDMI port
- SATA III and SAS 6G compatibility
- Hot swappable hard drives
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 and JBOD
- > NEXT STORY: Only 34% of Steam users play games at 1080p, says Valve
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Gamer finds new ghost scare in P.T. demo