Richard Leonarz, the Senior Marketing Manager at Samsung, stopped by the TweakTown booth at Storage Visions 2015 to speak about the new external Samsung USB 3.0 SSD. The Samsung Portable SSD T1 features Samsung's exclusive 3bit V-NAND and is designed to provide the ultimate storage performance for external drives.
The T1 comes in 250GB, 500GB, and 1TB capacities. The Portable SSD T1 provides 450 MB/s sequential read/write speeds, along with 21,000 random read IOPS and 8,000 write IOPS. The SSD also supports AES 256-bit encryption to provide data security. With a lightweight design off roughly one ounce the Portable SSD is good for on-the-go applications. Like all SSDs, the Portable SSD is shock resistant. This is an important consideration for both causal and professional users alike.
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech
- PS5, Xbox Series X SSD may use software-defined flash to boost speeds
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- Only PlayStation 5 next-gen exclusives will tap SSD's full potential
- Xbox Series X SSDs may use Phison flash controllers
- > NEXT STORY: Bitcoin exchange BitStamp hit by hackers, crooks make off with $5M
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Warfare could change with addition of 3D printing technology