Lenovo has just taken the wraps off of its new ThinkStation P Series, P500, P700 and P900 workstations at SIGGRAPH 2014. Completely redesigned and rebuilt from the ground up to offer more flexibility and ease of use with a new look. Features include enhanced thermal management, tool-less upgrades and Lenovo's new FLEX module technology.
"After a period of intensive research, development and testing, we're excited to introduce our next generation workstations to the market, as we truly believe this is the best designed workstation ever," said Victor Rios, Vice President and General Manager, Workstation, Lenovo. "We built on the advancements delivered in our 30 Series workstations and engineered the P Series with new levels of innovation based on extensive customer feedback. The result for users is optimum performance, outstanding reliability and unparalleled usability that is unlike anything they have experienced."
Rios continued: "Performance Boosting productivity starts with incomparable computing and graphics performance. With the Lenovo ThinkStation P Series, users can run their mission-critical applications to their limits - from advanced rendering and simulation to analysis of vast data sets." The following can be found in the new ThinkStation P Series of workstations:
- Cutting-Edge Processing: The latest Intel® Xeon® processors provide critical computing horsepower.
- Unparalleled Graphical Capabilities: The latest NVIDIA® Quadro® video cards provide unmatched visualization performance.
- Memory: The P Series supports a high capacity of DDR4 memory to handle any complex computational task with RAM to spare.
- Pushing the Limits of Expandability: The ThinkStation P900 supports up to three NVIDIA® Quadro® K6000 video cards and up to 14 storage devices.
The new Lenovo P-Series come packed with plenty of power for demanding applications such as engineering, architecture, media and entertainment, oil & gas, medical & science, finance and other industries. Availability for the new Lenovo ThinkStation P Series will be starting later this fall through business partners and on Lenovo.
- >> NEXT STORY: FMS 2014 - Cachebox explains application-centric CacheAdvance caching
- << PREVIOUS STORY: New Xbox One bundles debut with fancy designs and more storage