Electronic Arts and DICE announced today the long anticipated Battlefield 4 Premium pack. EA says that this new pack provides an exclusive membership for Battlefield fans and will provide access to all of the scheduled expansion packs to keep the battle raging all year long. This includes the China Rising, Second Assault, Naval Strike, Dragons Teeth, and Final Stand expansion packs.
"Fan reaction to Battlefield 3 Premium has been nothing short of amazing. We are humbled to see more than 4 million people join in," said Patrick Bach, Executive Producer, Battlefield 4. "With Battlefield 4 Premium we continue to roll out the red carpet, treating our fans like VIPs with a massive amount of new gameplay, exclusive new content and even more benefits at an incredible value."
Battlefield 4 Premium membership includes five digital expansion packs featuring new multiplayer maps and in-game content:
- Battlefield 4 Second Assault - Includes four fan-favorite Battlefield 3 maps now re-imagined with the power of Frostbite 3. Available first on Xbox One.
- Battlefield 4 China Rising - Players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland. Available December 2013.
- Battlefield 4 Naval Strike - Experience dynamic ocean combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea. Available Spring 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth - The US strikes back engaging in all-out urban warfare. Available Summer 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Final Stand - Bring the war to its epic conclusion. Available Summer 2014.
Premium owners will also receive:
- Two-weeks early access to all expansion packs for that competitive edge
- Unique personalization options including camos, paints, emblems, dogtags and more
- Priority position in server queues
- New content every week
- 12 bonus Battlefield 4 Battlepacks
- Transfer Battlefield 4 Premium membership from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4.
EA said that these new "Battlepacks" will add an all-new layer of persistence as well as a new element of chance to the multiplayer progression system . As players rank up, they will receive packs containing random combinations of new camo, dogtags, knives, XP boost, and gun attachments on top of all of the unlocks players will earn in-game through normal play . There are to be 12 bonus Battlepacks for Battlefield 4 Premium owners.
Battlefield 4 multiplayer will open a beta starting in early October and would be exclusive for Battlefield 3 Premium owners, Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe Owners, and Medal of Honor Warfighter Digital Deluxe owners. Battlefield 4 will officially launch on October 29 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. Battlefield 4 Premium Edition can be purchased for $49.99 at Source #2 below.
- > NEXT STORY: EA launches gameplay trailer of The Sims 4, opens pre-orders
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Launch day game list released for Xbox One, lots of heavy hitters