Griffin Technology has announced today the launch of its highly anticipated PowerDock 5 iOS device charging stand. The company says that the PowerDock 5 is built to safely charge and store up to five iPads, iPhones or iPods at the same time from a single power source. This makes the new PowerDock 5 the ideal charging and storage solution for families, businesses, and schools who routinely use multiple iOS devices.
The PowerDock 5 was designed with convenience and efficiency in mind while still being able to feature five charging bases that each push up to 10W of power per USB port. Each bay is large enough to accommodate iPads with even the largest of cases, including Griffin's own military-duty Survivor. What makes the PowerDock 5 so unique is its use of standard USB ports that allow you to use your own charging cable as well as the ones provided. In the event Apple decides to change his connector port again, the PoweDock 5 will still be able to charge your iOS devices.
"The PowerDock 5 is ideal for households and work environments that use multiple iOS devices," said James Finney, Category Manager of Griffin's power products. "It keeps users' device cables tucked away and organized, ready for use at any time." Griffin's PowerDock 5 is available from the company's online store for $99.99. For those interested in the key features I have posted a list below.
- Store and charge 5 iPads, iPhones or iPods simultaneously
- Plug in and charge using the original device cable
- Space-saving design for a countertop or desktop
- 10 watts (5 volts DC @ 2.1 amps) for each charging bay
- Accommodates iOS devices in their cases
- > NEXT STORY: Sony wanted the DualShock 4 controller to measure your sweat levels
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Mad Catz unveils Killer Instinct Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition 2 for Xbox One