Google I/O is only days away, and the stream of teases isn't stopping anytime soon. Today, brings the news of Google Play Games, which has been seen in the just-updated Google Play Services that is being distributed around the place.
There's been teases of a game-related unveiling at Google I/O, but Android Police have done the detective work for us, showing off some game-related goodness. There are things such as leader boards and matchmaking services are activities that a future application can trigger, as well as achievements and invitations.
Google Play Games will intertwine with Google+, which will give it a nice social aspect, but is it enough? Can Google do it better than Apple's Game Center? Time will tell, and that time is getting shorter and shorter with Google I/O fast approaching.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 11:35 am CDT
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- Xbox Series X may be more powerful, but will third-party devs use it?
- Stadia's games lineup isn't data cap friendly
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- > NEXT STORY: Bosch's Power Max will charge your electric vehicle at home, starts at $450
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Bang With Friends glitch includes link that will tell you which friends are looking for a bang