Opera Software have just released some new web browser goodies in the form of Opera Mini Next and Opera Mobile 12. The new browser introduces Smart Page, which is a new feature being previewed in the Opera Mini Next series of web browsers for feature phones, which will be launched on all Opera Mini browsers for feature phones later this year.
Smart Page will join Opera's Speed Dial shortcuts which give feature phones smarter access to social networks, the latest news and more. Social integration is built into the first screen of Opera Mini Next, including Facebook and Twitter. The smartphone versions of Opera Mini Next does not make an appearance in this version. Android's Opera Mini Next app will receive a smoother browsing experience, including hardware acceleration and a revamped Speed Dial.
Opera Mobile 12 also launched at MWC, and brings "more goodies" to owners of Android and Symbian, the following is included in Opera Mobile 12:
- WebGL on Android phones, for all things 3D and web. With WebGL on mobile, it'll be even easier to make games cross platform and to distribute them. "Opera have contributed significantly to the development of the WebGL specification and now Opera Mobile is playing a leading role in the roll-out of GPU-accelerated WebGL on Android," said Neil Trevett, Khronos president and vice president of mobile content at NVIDIA.
- Ragnarök, Opera's HTML5 parser support, meaning better web apps and increased compatibility with websites. More HTML5 means more advanced web functionality.
- Support for camera use in the browser.
- More possibilities for customizing the Speed Dial of Opera Mobile, including entering as many Speed Dial entries as you like
- >> NEXT STORY: Deal of the Day: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, 8.9 and 10.1 tablets from $299.99!
- << PREVIOUS STORY: HTC unveils One X, is it the one? Sports NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-core SoC