Changes the quality and method of Ambient Occlusion, which in turn determines how realistic and rich shadows are in-game.
The benchmark shows there is no definitive performance hit when switching between HBAO and SSAO, so if you're going to enable this setting, HBAO is way to go. If you need to save a lot of performance and are willing to take a big hit to visual depth in all scenes, Off is the option for you.
This setting is always arduous to capture properly, and it's no different here, so screenshots are absent from this section. In-game, its implementation is extremely subtle.
Testing shows Motion Blur has what appears to be a small performance impact as this setting is increased. Most should disable it as it offers little and costs a few frames.
Mirror's Edge Catalyst offers a strong list of graphics options to play around with, and as the results show, many of them are great candidates for tweaking if you need some extra frames.
As always, I recommend you read the entire guide thoroughly. That said, the key options to look at are Field of View, Lighting Quality, Post Process Quality, and Mesh Quality.
PRICING: You can find Mirror's Edge Catalyst for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: X retails for $26.60 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: X retails for £23 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Testing Setup, & System Requirements]
- Page 2 [Field of View, Resolution, Fullscreen Mode, & Resolution Scale]
- Page 3 [Overall Quality, Texture Quality, Lighting Quality, & Reflection Quality]
- Page 4 [Effects Quality, Post Process Quality, Mesh Quality, & Anisotropic Filter]
- Page 5 [Ambient Occlusion, Motion Blur, & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz