Voltage Regulator and Circuit Analysis
While the TDP of the GTX 750 Ti is only 60W, the VRM is still an important part of product quality, and will play an important role in longevity. The ASUS GTX 750 Ti features a six-pin power connector to supply extra power to the GPU.
The main VDDC (Core Voltage) of the GPU is provided by a total of three high current phases controlled by a uPI UP1608 PWM, and powered by UBIQ PowerPAK MOSFETs. The UP1608 features three or four phase operation. Integrated drivers support three phases, and if you want to add a fourth, you need an external driver; in this case, three phases are used. The standard GTX 750 Ti VRM is only two phases; however, ASUS decided to toss in a third phase to make overclocking easier, and temperatures lower.
Since there is no active cooling on the VRM, the parts need to be durable. I couldn't find any datasheet on the MOSFETs, as they seem to be under NDA. However, this card uses two QM3054M for the low side, and a single QM3056M for the high side. ASUS provides five 820uF 5K solid capacitors for a total of 4100uF.
The memory VRM is a single phase made up of a single UBIQ QM3054M for the low side, and a single QM3056M for the high side. There is a M5035 single phase buck converter, but no datasheet was found. I would say it does a good job with memory power, as overclocks on the memory were great.
ASUS is employing 4x Samsung 512MB GDDR5, model number K4G41325FC-HC03.
A single Winbond 2Mbit BIOS ROM is used, this is a very common BIOS chip found on many GTX 750s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard to share 'some Diablo-related news at BlizzCon 2018
- Black Ops 4 weekend sales don't beat Black Ops 3
- Red Dead Redemption 2 launch trailer shows renegade thievery
- ZeniMax Online making new MMORPG
- Ninja Theory may be making live service game
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam