Voltage Regulator and Circuit Analysis
While the TDP of the GTX 750 Ti is only 60W, the VRM is still an important part of product quality, and will play an important role in longevity. The ASUS GTX 750 Ti features a six-pin power connector to supply extra power to the GPU.
The main VDDC (Core Voltage) of the GPU is provided by a total of three high current phases controlled by a uPI UP1608 PWM, and powered by UBIQ PowerPAK MOSFETs. The UP1608 features three or four phase operation. Integrated drivers support three phases, and if you want to add a fourth, you need an external driver; in this case, three phases are used. The standard GTX 750 Ti VRM is only two phases; however, ASUS decided to toss in a third phase to make overclocking easier, and temperatures lower.
Since there is no active cooling on the VRM, the parts need to be durable. I couldn't find any datasheet on the MOSFETs, as they seem to be under NDA. However, this card uses two QM3054M for the low side, and a single QM3056M for the high side. ASUS provides five 820uF 5K solid capacitors for a total of 4100uF.
The memory VRM is a single phase made up of a single UBIQ QM3054M for the low side, and a single QM3056M for the high side. There is a M5035 single phase buck converter, but no datasheet was found. I would say it does a good job with memory power, as overclocks on the memory were great.
ASUS is employing 4x Samsung 512MB GDDR5, model number K4G41325FC-HC03.
A single Winbond 2Mbit BIOS ROM is used, this is a very common BIOS chip found on many GTX 750s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Games titan Tencent earns $45 billion in 2018
- Capcom release Devil May Cry 5 soundtrack on Spotify/Steam
- Sixth Goku iteration added to Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Kotal Kahn gets bodied in his own Mortal Kombat 11 reveal
- Heavy Rain/Detroit: Become Human will release on Epic Store
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- LoanCare, a ServiceLink Company, Announces New Chief Information Officer
- Giada Adds AMD Ryzen-Powered DM6 To High-Performance Signage Player Series
- Slay Time - Hack and Slash MMORPG Guardians of Ember Enters Open Beta
- Nokia Commits US$750K to Support the Work of the Internet Engineering Task Force
- The global installed base of airport asset tracking systems will reach 0.4 million units in 2023