CPU Frequency Testing
Two programs are used for testing maximum CPU frequency: CPU-Z and AIDA64 Extreme Edition.
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.69
CPU-Z was used for maximum CPU frequency testing, otherwise known as a validation. This is common for world records. When you see a manufacturer claim a 7GHz Haswell overclock, they are referring to a CPU-Z validation.
AIDA64 Extreme Edition
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 3011
AIDA64 was used for its stability test module; we expanded the amount of RAM used to maximize the stress on the CPU.
The stock VID is commonly used as a quick way to bin (sort by maximum speed) CPUs. However, our results might shock you: the CPU with the lowest VID was one of the worst performing.
Maximum CPU-Z validations are used all the time for world records, usually as marketing for companies. However, CPU-Z validations do not require more than a single second of stability to attain.
These maximum stable CPU frequency results are quite interesting; overall, we are able to attain 4.6GHz to 4.85GHz stable within an acceptable voltage range. The max load temperature is also listed next to each data point. The 1.4v results almost all throttled a little bit; this is designated by a (T).
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Intel 4790K LGA1150 CPU]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- This Zelda song is perfect for Halloween
- Red Dead Redemption 2 ships on two discs
- Sony to use blockchain DRM to secure content
- Every character trailer for Soulcalibur VI/combat tutorial
- Job J Stauffer reveals his experience working at Rockstar
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam