CPU Frequency Testing
Two programs are used for testing maximum CPU frequency: CPU-Z and AIDA64 Extreme Edition.
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.69
CPU-Z was used for maximum CPU frequency testing, otherwise known as a validation. This is common for world records. When you see a manufacturer claim a 7GHz Haswell overclock, they are referring to a CPU-Z validation.
AIDA64 Extreme Edition
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 3011
AIDA64 was used for its stability test module; we expanded the amount of RAM used to maximize the stress on the CPU.
The stock VID is commonly used as a quick way to bin (sort by maximum speed) CPUs. However, our results might shock you: the CPU with the lowest VID was one of the worst performing.
Maximum CPU-Z validations are used all the time for world records, usually as marketing for companies. However, CPU-Z validations do not require more than a single second of stability to attain.
These maximum stable CPU frequency results are quite interesting; overall, we are able to attain 4.6GHz to 4.85GHz stable within an acceptable voltage range. The max load temperature is also listed next to each data point. The 1.4v results almost all throttled a little bit; this is designated by a (T).
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Intel 4790K LGA1150 CPU]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit