Maps, Mods and Strategy Guides
Battlefield 1942 is quite customizable, and there are many user modifications ("mods") and maps out there for you to download and enjoy. EA Games have already released six additional official maps for BF1942 called Coral Sea, Operation Aberdeen, Battle of Britian, Philippine Islands, Liberation of Caen and Raid on Agheila - which is a map only for owners of the Secret Weapons of WWII expansion pack. All these maps are included as part of the full version of the latest 1.6 Patch, but you can also download all of them maps separately from here.
Secondly, EA Games has released two official expansion packs to BF1942 called Road to Rome and Secret Weapons of WWII, and you can read more about them here.
Aside from those official releases, you can download many free enthusiast-made mods and maps. The most popular of these is the Desert Combat mod, which completely converts BF1942 to the modern Middle East theatre of conflict. Another good mod is the Merciless 1942 mod set which adds a lot more realism to the game. Search through the extensive range of mods and maps at sites such as BF1942Files, or BF42.com, or try one of the sites in the Links section below.
If you need a bit of help in the strategy or gameplay department, there are a whole bunch of strategy guides and tutorials out there. The first place to look is your own hard drive: the readme.txt file that comes with the game (typically in the C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\eReg directory) has some handy hints, including "Flight School 101". From there, you can check out a range of guides featured in this section of Planet Battlefield.
I think that just about does me for tweaks, tips and links. Hopefully I've managed to bring together a range of resources and provide you with some useful information here which helps you get more out of BF1942.
I will continue to keep this guide up-to-date as new BF1942 information comes to hand, and I certainly want your feedback on this guide and how I can improve/add to it. Email me, or drop into our Gaming Forums to let me know what you think.
Credits and Links
I'd like to thank the following sites for providing the BF1942 community with a wealth of information, maps, mods and downloads. I researched much of the information in this guide from these sites, and I recommend you visit them if you enjoy BF1942:
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard