If there's one game that captures the enormity of scale and the many forms of combat which took place during WWII, it's Battlefield 1942. From sniping to planting explosives or firing heavy artillery, through to commandeering a jeep, tank, plane...you name it, BF1942 has got it. The gameplay is right there to back up the scope of the game, making you work as part of a team to pull off the inevitable victory.
The various theatres of war are incredibly expansive, and yet with so much happening on the ground, in the water and in the air, the powerful Refractor 2 game engine still manages to do a great job of rendering it all beautifully, putting you convincingly in the midst of all the action. It comes at a cost though - BF1942 is very system intensive, and it takes a bit of effort to get it running smoothly out of the box on all but the fastest of systems.
Along comes this guide, which brings together all the performance tweaks, tips and .con file settings, along with troubleshooting help and handy reference material like the console commands and working No-CD/blood patch links - all to make sure you get BF1942 running at its very best on your machine. Take a wander through the guide and hopefully I can help you enjoy this amazing game even more.
Note: The guide has been updated for the latest Official BF1942 Patch (Version 1.6.19). Make sure to check back regularly for updates and remember the tweaks and settings in this guide refer to the latest official version of BF1942, so if there are any differences between this guide and your BF1942, it's likely you have a different version.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- COD: Black Ops 4 multiplayer could be inspired by Overwatch
- AMD Combat Crate: CPU, GPU, motherboard combo from MSI
- Detroit: Become Human gets gold mastered, demo coming soon
- Lootbox and skin trade to make $50 billion by 2022
- Yakuza devs making new IP for SEGA
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit