If there's one game that captures the enormity of scale and the many forms of combat which took place during WWII, it's Battlefield 1942. From sniping to planting explosives or firing heavy artillery, through to commandeering a jeep, tank, plane...you name it, BF1942 has got it. The gameplay is right there to back up the scope of the game, making you work as part of a team to pull off the inevitable victory.
The various theatres of war are incredibly expansive, and yet with so much happening on the ground, in the water and in the air, the powerful Refractor 2 game engine still manages to do a great job of rendering it all beautifully, putting you convincingly in the midst of all the action. It comes at a cost though - BF1942 is very system intensive, and it takes a bit of effort to get it running smoothly out of the box on all but the fastest of systems.
Along comes this guide, which brings together all the performance tweaks, tips and .con file settings, along with troubleshooting help and handy reference material like the console commands and working No-CD/blood patch links - all to make sure you get BF1942 running at its very best on your machine. Take a wander through the guide and hopefully I can help you enjoy this amazing game even more.
Note: The guide has been updated for the latest Official BF1942 Patch (Version 1.6.19). Make sure to check back regularly for updates and remember the tweaks and settings in this guide refer to the latest official version of BF1942, so if there are any differences between this guide and your BF1942, it's likely you have a different version.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Platinum Games addresses Bayonetta 3 development progress
- Nintendo Switch NES Emulator successfully hacked, new games?
- AMD's new Radeon 18.9.2 drivers improve Fortnite, more games
- Fortnite's mysterious purple cube lands on Loot Lake, melts
- Microsoft teases custom-designed celebrity Xbox One consoles
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- The Slater releases on September 20th
- Partnership Between Mastiff and Yggdrazil Group Brings Home Sweet Home to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One This October
- Turn-Based PC-RTS 'ValeGuard' Has Launched On STEAM Offering Exciting City-Building & Strategic Real-Time Combat
- IBM Takes Major Step in Breaking Open the Black Box of AI
- Genpact Launches Cora CommandCenter to Transform Digital Workforce Performance and Automation Governance