Today we walked you through product research, selection, product search and finally a purchase. If you are looking for a 3D TV and follow my example, you just purchased a premium 3D TV and saved around 1/3 of what you would by shopping retail. Depending on what you are shopping for, saving between ½ and 1/3 is common using these tips and it can be done on nearly everything you shop for. Obviously there are some things that you really shouldn't purchase over the internet. Groceries are a good example and since there is a lead time from the shipping, I wouldn't go shopping for a bottle of Gray Goose since it is an item that I would consume right away. The good thing is that by saving 1,000 Dollars on my TV I have a lot more money to spend on Gray Goose.
Although we had a major victory in our shopping game, we managed to hurt our local retailers who rely on our spending to stay in business and employ those around us. This is a moral story that I will leave up to you, but you should keep these things in mind when shopping. One way to relieve your moral strain is to call or go to your local retailers and let them know about the price you found your product for and give them the chance to match that price. Most big box retails will simply offer you a small percentage off of their everyday price and pretend that the price you are getting it for is less than their cost. At that point you gave them a chance to be a player in your game.
The final warning I have for you is just how addictive it can be to shop like this. You always have to remember that spending 2000 Dollars on something that would normally cost 3000 Dollars still means you are spending 2000 Dollars. Last year I researched and bought my Mercedes for around 8,000 less than I should have, my Ducati for 10,000 less and countless hundreds on other items. Clearly this whole shopping as a sport thing has corrupted me and I am now spending at levels I really shouldn't be. Keep it fun, keep it safe, but always remember that you are still spending no matter how much you might be saving.
Now get out there and start hunting for the best deals and report back below your score!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Retail Madness]
- Page 2 [How it Works and Finding Your Target]
- Page 3 [Let the Hunt Begin]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Seasonic reveal their PRIME Ultra power supplies
- Noctua to release two AM4-compatible low-profile coolers
- Battlerite to leave Steam's Early Access November 8
- Sharkoon reveal the AI7000 Silent & Glass PC cases
- Oculus founder has a new company, working on VR still
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM