Release Date: Fall 2005
Developer: Quantic Dream
Publisher: Atari, Inc.
ESRB Rating: RP Rating
In Indigo Prophecy, a paranormal thriller, New York City is stunned by a series of mysterious murders, all following the same pattern: ordinary people are killing absolute strangers in public areas. Lucas Kane becomes another one of these murderers when he suddenly kills a stranger in a men's bathroom. Covered in blood, Lucas regains consciousness with no recollection as to why he committed murder. Hunted by police, Lucas must solve the mystery before being incarcerated for life.
A free-flowing game during which players can assume the role of multiple characters and experience the game from multiple viewpoints, Indigo Prophecy allows players' actions to affect the plot by offering a scenario driven interactive experience. Through motion picture techniques such as actor direction, multi-camera views, motion tracking and a contextual music score, players find themselves intimately immersed in the game.
- Chose to play as one of four characters including lead character Lucas Kane, Detective Carla Valenti, Detective Tyler Miles (Carla's partner) and Lucas' brother Marcus Kane;
- Play through a total of 44 bone-chilling acts and manage the mental health of each main character by choosing the correct course of action and maintaining their psychological balance;
- Special multi-view split-screen allows players to see what is happening in a different area of the game while playing through a particular scenario;
- Motion Physical Action Reaction (MPAR) interface allows the player to make the same movement as his character on screen, which creates a physical identification between the player and his character;
- Physical Action Reaction (PAR) interface is used during mini-game action sequences where the player has to move the analog control sticks in the proper direction in order to succeed;
- More than 50 stuntmen and actors were used to motion capture in-game characters in order to create the most realistic character models, dynamic cinematics and high-caliber, Hollywood-style action sequences.