Navi Won't Help Either
NVIDIA is absolutely dominating the GPU market and has been for many years, with AMD limping to market with Polaris and crawling across the ground with Vega. The upcoming Navi architecture has been co-developed by Sony for the next-gen PlayStation 5, so don't expect it to run rings around Pascal let alone Volta or the new Turing GPU architecture.
Vega will shift to 7nm in the coming months but NVIDIA is leading the charge with ray tracing and AI performance, with Radeon Instinct on 7nm the only thing to combat it. The new 7nm-based Radeon Instinct will ship with up to 32GB of HBM2, rocking what should be the new Vega 20 GPU. I was hearing early 2017 that the next GPU that AMD will have in order to make them competitive again will be the one after Navi.
NVIDIA has the GPU market in the palm of its hands now, and rightfully so - the company is executing perfectly at all levels. The new Quadro RTX series is a tour de force of technology, execution and delivery, and the constant marching forwards. There is no quiet moment, let alone a quarter or an entire year without a GPU release from NVIDIA... but AMD on the other hand has been in hibernation with Radeon for a year now, ever since the release of Radeon RX Vega and the near crumbling of RTG.
What About Intel?
Radeon Technologies Group recently lost its GPU architect in Raja Koduri to Intel, while Radeon marketing boss Chris Hook joined Koduri shortly after. It seems the only company that could combat NVIDIA at this level could be Intel.
Quadro RTX is such a huge leap that Intel would have to start on something more impressive than just ground level stuff, but give the company a generation or two and it could begin being the competitor to NVIDIA that we wish AMD was. AMD is fighting the good fight against Intel in the CPU market and while it might not be securing 30-50% of the market overnight, it is forcing Chipzilla to behave in ways that it hasn't before - scared.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [NVIDIA's Next-Gen Turing GPU Architecture]
- Page 2 [Next-Gen GDDR6 Memory]
- Page 3 [Turing Can Fix Superman's Mustache]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Detroit: Become Human sells 2 million+ units since May 2018
- Project Stream testers get free copy of AC: Odyssey
- Google's Project Stream is the future of gaming
- EA folds Battlefront II into its subscription services
- Red Dead Online microtransactions are live
- https www.supplementcyclopedia.com mydxadryl-male-enhancement-canada
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire