Expect the PS5 in 2020-2021
Sony won't be announcing the PS5 at E3 2018 as the Navi GPU architecture isn't finished, with Vega only hitting 7nm now, we are months and months away from Navi being slapped onto a PCB and tested. Expect Navi to tape out in 2H 2019, with the first true PS5 hardware development kits to ship in 2H 2019 with an unveiling in 2020 and release in 2H 2020. Most analysts seem to agree on a 2020 release for the PS5.
The wait will be worth it as we should finally see true 4K 60FPS minimum from the PS5, even if Navi is a mid-range part it has all of the input from Sony to the Navi engineers that it can tune the PS5 beautifully at a hardware level.
The huge uplift from 8-core CPUs in current-gen consoles to 16 threads would be huge, but the shift from the aging AMD Jaguar CPU architecture in the Xbox One, Xbox One S, PS4, PS4 Pro, and even the Xbox One X will be where the large leap in performance will come from. The Jaguar CPU architecture is super old now, and is one of the hobbled points of current-gen consoles.
All games being developed for a minimum of a Ryzen 7 2700-level CPU and RX Vega 56/64 level of GPU under the Navi architecture, we could easily see 4K 60FPS as a minimum on the PS5. The PS5 could be the first truly next-gen console with Sony working so closely with the GPU development of a large company like AMD, especially if 4K 60FPS becomes a reality on our couches.
FreeSync-powered Sony 4K HDR TVs, anyone? ;)
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [PS5: Powered By AMD Navi GPU Technology]
- Page 2 [The Future of Radeon]
- Page 3 [AMD Driven By Semi-Custom]
- Page 4 [Where To From Here? The Radeon Brand Could Be Retired]
- Page 5 [PS5: Expect 2020-2021 Release]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 25-years of DOOM celebrated with DOOM update for Switch
- Peter Jackson could help Amazon's Lord Of The Rings TV show
- Stardew Valley on Switch receives Multiplayer Update Dec 12
- Smash Bros. Ultimate director discusses 3rd-party characters
- Smash Bros. UItimate is fastest-selling Switch game so far
- How To use Cerisea Medica Pain Relief ?
- AORUS LED i2c control?
- Digital Extremes' Warframe Brings Good Karma And Fortuna To PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Today
- Capcom Announces Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Expansion For Acclaimed, Record-Breaking Action RPG Coming Autumn 2019
- White Box Vendors Losing Share in 100 GE Data Center Switching Market During 2018, According to Dell'Oro Group
- LSAC Announces Technology Collaboration with Microsoft
- Mac Malware Appears on the WatchGuard 'Top Ten Malware List' for First Time