Introducing Precision Boost 2 and Mobile XFR
AMD's SenseMI technology is back and with a vengeance. Power consumption requires great optimization on the mobile side of things, as while a few more watts in a desktop doesn't matter, it matters a great deal for mobile implementations. AMD has gone and leveraged SenseMI's sensor network to its fullest.
Precision Boost 2 is part of SenseMI and utilizes a brand new opportunistic algorithm for a much more dynamic core boost. It offers a much more tuned boosting mechanism, which favors the boosting of one, some, more, and all cores. It offers greater performance depending on how many cores are utilized, as you can see in the chart on the right.
Mobile XFR (mXFR) is much like normal XFR in regards to going above and beyond Precision Boost levels. However, it utilizes Precision Boost 2's temperature sensing to get every last drop of performance out of the processor. Just like on the desktop, if you can run the CPU cooler, it will automatically run faster.
I also wanted to take a chance and mention that Max z-height is now 24% thinner, which makes it great for ultra-thin notebooks.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introducing the Ryzen 7 2700U and Ryzen 5 2500U]
- Page 2 [Introducing Precision Boost 2 and Mobile XFR]
- Page 3 [With Radeon Vega Graphics]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SCUM sells 1 million copies to date
- Next-gen PSVR may have eye-tracking, fight motion sickness
- Halo 6 sounds like it'll repeat Halo 5's mistakes
- Capcom shutters Dead Rising studio, cancels all projects
- Dad/Toddler infiltrate prize machine, steals Nintendo Switch
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- x299 Taichi XE vs Formula OC usb controllers 2 or 3?
- Psyonix And Hot Wheels Reveal New Rocket League DLC
- Pirate Island Rescue released on Steam
- Celebrated crime caper The Swindle slinks onto Nintendo Switch this October
- Tricky Towers coming to Nintendo Switch!
- Beat Hazard 2 is now in Beta and will be heading for Steam Early Access in October.