Introducing Precision Boost 2 and Mobile XFR
AMD's SenseMI technology is back and with a vengeance. Power consumption requires great optimization on the mobile side of things, as while a few more watts in a desktop doesn't matter, it matters a great deal for mobile implementations. AMD has gone and leveraged SenseMI's sensor network to its fullest.
Precision Boost 2 is part of SenseMI and utilizes a brand new opportunistic algorithm for a much more dynamic core boost. It offers a much more tuned boosting mechanism, which favors the boosting of one, some, more, and all cores. It offers greater performance depending on how many cores are utilized, as you can see in the chart on the right.
Mobile XFR (mXFR) is much like normal XFR in regards to going above and beyond Precision Boost levels. However, it utilizes Precision Boost 2's temperature sensing to get every last drop of performance out of the processor. Just like on the desktop, if you can run the CPU cooler, it will automatically run faster.
I also wanted to take a chance and mention that Max z-height is now 24% thinner, which makes it great for ultra-thin notebooks.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introducing the Ryzen 7 2700U and Ryzen 5 2500U]
- Page 2 [Introducing Precision Boost 2 and Mobile XFR]
- Page 3 [With Radeon Vega Graphics]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo discuss Metroid Prime 4/Yoshi/Pokemon progression
- Total War dev Creative Assembly working on tactical FPS
- NVIDIA Tensor Core GPUs power 5 out of 7 best supercomputers
- INSOMNIA: The Ark developers announce new jazzy soundtrack
- Forza Horizon 4 car list leaked, 90GB of pre-load available
- اعطال صيانه تكييفات امريكول (01014723434) اصلاح امري
- GA-Z68AP-D3 rev 1.0, unable to access BIOS or load Win10
- Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- AMD Vega 56 not being detected by Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 motherboard
- win 7 with gigbyte mobo/network only getting 10% of bandwidth
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit