Introducing Precision Boost 2 and Mobile XFR
AMD's SenseMI technology is back and with a vengeance. Power consumption requires great optimization on the mobile side of things, as while a few more watts in a desktop doesn't matter, it matters a great deal for mobile implementations. AMD has gone and leveraged SenseMI's sensor network to its fullest.
Precision Boost 2 is part of SenseMI and utilizes a brand new opportunistic algorithm for a much more dynamic core boost. It offers a much more tuned boosting mechanism, which favors the boosting of one, some, more, and all cores. It offers greater performance depending on how many cores are utilized, as you can see in the chart on the right.
Mobile XFR (mXFR) is much like normal XFR in regards to going above and beyond Precision Boost levels. However, it utilizes Precision Boost 2's temperature sensing to get every last drop of performance out of the processor. Just like on the desktop, if you can run the CPU cooler, it will automatically run faster.
I also wanted to take a chance and mention that Max z-height is now 24% thinner, which makes it great for ultra-thin notebooks.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introducing the Ryzen 7 2700U and Ryzen 5 2500U]
- Page 2 [Introducing Precision Boost 2 and Mobile XFR]
- Page 3 [With Radeon Vega Graphics]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Next-gen Xbox Scarlett development kit is called 'Anaconda'
- Detroit: Become Human sells 2 million+ units since May 2018
- Project Stream testers get free copy of AC: Odyssey
- Google's Project Stream is the future of gaming
- EA folds Battlefront II into its subscription services
- accentuate redress
- Vandexafil Ultra New Male Enhancement Formula! Gain
- ASRock Z370 Extreme 4 and Intel AC 9260 WiFi card
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire