AMD has been missing a video card in its lineup against NVIDIA, but the company has just filled that with the new Radeon R9 380X. Until now, we've had the Radeon R9 380 and R9 390, but there's a big gap that needed to be filled - and now, it is.
The Radeon R9 380X is an interesting move for AMD, as the company is nailing the 1080p/1440p gaming segment with its new offering based on the 'Antigua XT' GPU. AMD has worked with its usual AIB partners to have a slew of offerings based on the R9 380X, and we can't wait to see what it can do against the likes of NVIDIA's GTX 960, GTX 970, and GTX 980 cards.
AMD is teasing its new Radeon R9 380X with three slogans: 'The DNA for beyond 1080p gaming', 'The smooth gameplay you deserve' and 'visually immersive'. There are plenty of technologies and features inside of the R9 380X that will have gamers happy, with the new Radeon Software set of drivers. The first of which will be the new Crimson release.
Radeon Technologies Group - AMD's Big Change
One of the biggest stories for AMD this year was that it spun off its GPU division into Radeon Technologies Group. This move to create RTG is an interesting one, as it keeps the GPU division from clashing with the CPU division, and vice versa. It should see AMD taking a more clear direction with its Radeon brand, especially as we head into 2016 with the likes of DirectX 12, the new Radeon Software, and VR.
AMD's shift with RTG has seen company CEO Lisa Su state "With the creation of the Radeon Technologies Group we are putting in place a more agile, vertically integrated graphics organization focused on solidifying our position as the graphics industry leader, recapturing profitable share across traditional graphics markets, and staking leadership positions in new markets such as virtual and augmented reality".
Personally, I'm excited to see what AMD can do with RTG, but I think the effects of this won't be apparent until next year. Right now, we're being teased of what's coming - and at this stage, with the release of the R9 380X, things are becoming clearer.
Next year, we're going to see a big push by both AMD and NVIDIA with DirectX 12 and VR hopefully, so AMD will make the PC its 100% priority when it comes to RTG.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix to double down on service games
- Nintendo 64 Classic Edition likely on the way
- Anthem's early play trials are paygated
- Roar for 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Blu-ray giveaway
- MyDigtialSSD ships BPX Pro and lowers prices
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- Crucial BX500 SSD Review - Fewer Components, Lower Prices
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games