One of the things I like most about TweakTown is Shawn's awesome SLI video card reviews. The performance he's able to get from a pair of video cards running in SLI is simply astounding. Running multiple cards linked together provides even more performance than a single card. It really redefines the meaning of performance PC.
RAID 0 can do the same thing as SLI or CrossFire does for video, for your storage system. How would you like to double or triple your storage performance? You can with RAID 0 and the nice thing is, RAID's already baked into your motherboard.
The biggest bottleneck on your PC has always been, and continues to be non-volatile storage. Even the fastest SSD can only serve up data at a tiny fraction of a CPU's capability to process it. Remember the first time you tried an SSD? Could you imagine ever going back to a spinner? SSD's have redefined the meaning of enthusiast-class PC.
RAID 0 takes SSD performance to another level and, that's exactly what this review is going to demonstrate. RAID 0 is simple to setup, reliable, and is something that once you try, will have you wondering how you ever lived without it.
We've chosen SanDisk's Extreme II 120GB SSD's for TweakTown's first Haswell based RAID 0 report. In this report, we'll demonstrate how RAID 0 increases storage performance and how that performance scales from 1 to 3 drives.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [SanDisk Extreme II 120GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Response Times]
- Page 11 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Bench Test]
- Page 12 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media