One of the things I like most about TweakTown is Shawn's awesome SLI video card reviews. The performance he's able to get from a pair of video cards running in SLI is simply astounding. Running multiple cards linked together provides even more performance than a single card. It really redefines the meaning of performance PC.
RAID 0 can do the same thing as SLI or CrossFire does for video, for your storage system. How would you like to double or triple your storage performance? You can with RAID 0 and the nice thing is, RAID's already baked into your motherboard.
The biggest bottleneck on your PC has always been, and continues to be non-volatile storage. Even the fastest SSD can only serve up data at a tiny fraction of a CPU's capability to process it. Remember the first time you tried an SSD? Could you imagine ever going back to a spinner? SSD's have redefined the meaning of enthusiast-class PC.
RAID 0 takes SSD performance to another level and, that's exactly what this review is going to demonstrate. RAID 0 is simple to setup, reliable, and is something that once you try, will have you wondering how you ever lived without it.
We've chosen SanDisk's Extreme II 120GB SSD's for TweakTown's first Haswell based RAID 0 report. In this report, we'll demonstrate how RAID 0 increases storage performance and how that performance scales from 1 to 3 drives.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [SanDisk Extreme II 120GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Response Times]
- Page 11 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Bench Test]
- Page 12 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]